Mona Cottage in Uptown Pilgrims Rest was first built ca 1907 when it first appeared in photographs of uptown. The first documented lessee of the building was V Gardner and then in 1912 J du Pratt before the building was leased to Dr. Hutchinson in 1912. Dr Hutchinson used the building for his consulting rooms until 1915. From then it passed through many hands until the building was removed in 1960, leaving only the foundations on the plot.
In 2020 a total refurbishment of the guest house was undertaken. All the facilities and finishes were upgraded, resulting in a beautiful and comfortable cottage with three bedrooms and two bathrooms, fully equipped modernised kitchen and quality furnishings. We are awaiting our final grading by the SA Tourism grading board.